One week has passed since my school district decided to close. In many ways, it feels more like weeks, or months, or even an eternity since the last school day. In other ways, I'm feeling like it was just a short time ago that our lives consisted of the normalcy that we are all craving right now. All I can say is that this week has been a lot. A lot of emotions. A lot of change. A lot of different. I know that getting through these trying times will require a lot of gratitude and a lot of joy found in small moments.
With that said, to end this week, I am reflecting on the positive. Here are my Ten Happy Moments of the Week:
- Driving by the ocean
- Breaking in new running sneakers
- Receiving texts and messages from family and friends checking in with me
- Catching up on books in my to-be-read stack
- Connecting virtually with colleagues and educators from across the country
- Finding a grocery story with ground turkey in stock
- Enjoying the sunshine streaming through my windows on a sunny day
- Waking up whenever I choose rather than when the alarm rings
- Spending the day in comfy lounge clothes
- Chatting and joking with neighbors as we stand six feet or more away from each other
I hope everyone has found their own happiness in small moments this past week.